More Phuket Bloggers
If you search hard enough around the internet or dig deeper into Google, you may find that Jamie's Phuket is not the only blog about Phuket or written by someone in Phuket. I keep an eye on some other people's blogs looking for different angles on Phuket, something I have not seen or thought of blogging about. Everyone has a different point of view, though I'd say all the blogs and bloggers listed below have one thing in common - all are Phuket lovers!
Although Jamie's Phuket (that's this blog) is my main blog, I keep several others which are updated with varying degrees of diligence. The Phuket Weather Blog is kept updated now and then, reporting on weather and local news, normally with photos that show the weather. There are lots webcams and lots of links to other useful weather sites too. It sometimes gets more visitors than Jamie's Phuket! A lot of people search for weather information and the Phuket weather blog always sits in the top 10 for a Google "Phuket Weather" search.
I have a couple of others - We Love Phuket has a fair amount of information on things like cheap places to stay in Phuket and how to get to Phuket, and some Phuket related videos. Another blog is Monk in Thailand, which mentions such diverse subjects as Thailand's Got Talent, Ladyboys or how to pronounce Phuket.
So, what about other people? These are some blogs I can recommend for Phuket information - and this is "blog" information rather than tour guide information (you know, always sunny, everyone smiles, Phuket is the pearl of Thailand yada yada). Blogs are becoming quite important to travel - you can get a locals point of view and check out other travelers reports too. Here are some recommended blogs. Some are updated more often than others.
• Tim in Phuket - Tim is a hotel manager and (like me) enjoys the local side of Phuket life.
• And Three To Go - Family living in Phuket for the last year or so.
• Cathy and Gary - They don't live here, but often visit Phuket. Their site has loads and loads of information.
• Dawn in Phuket - Dawn has lived here many years and also prefers the local side of life.
• Pekka in Phuket - Great to have a new point of view and some nice photos too!
• Phuketastic - German language blog by Sebastian
• Paddling in Phuket - Oyvinds blog I just found recently, he kayaks around Phuket, mostly in less-explored areas. I like .. but not updated since 2012.
• Alasdairs Blog - Al is an old Phuket hand, lots of stories to tell... but not updated much
• Matt's Phuket - Not updated for over a year, but Matt likes to explore the back roads.
• Jim in Phuket - Almost my mirror image - married, 2 kids, living in Phuket, guess we'll meet for a beer one day! (not updated since 2009)
• Lana in Phuket - Lana is also married with 2 kids, like me ... but she's a mum.
• Glenn in Phuket - Glenn hikes, plays guitar and sells thermal clothing online! I did a (hard) hike with him in 2009.
If you have a blog about Phuket or know a good one, please let me know!