Kata Beach Hotels
Starting at the north end of Kata, you have an area just inland with a road leading down to the beach, this area is called Kata Center, lots of restaurants here and shops, opticians, some bars, a few dive shops and so on. Hotels in the area include the Marina Phuket resort, which actually faces onto Karon Beach, but you can walk to Kata beach in 5 minutes too, they are so close together. As the road splits just after Starbucks - you turn right to the beach just after the Peach Hill resort - a road heads up hill to the Avista Resort and the Aspasia Hotel. Meanwhile along the road behind Club Med are more bars, restaurants and a lot of hotels such as the Tropical Resort, Sawasdee Village, Kata Palm, Metadee Resort, Centara Kata, Sugar Palm, Malissa Villa Suites and more!
• Check Agoda.com for a Full list of Kata Beach Hotels
The last resort along the beach road is the big Kata Beach Resort, which is right on the beach. One road then heads away from the beach towards Patak Road (there are some smaller guesthouses down this way) while of you turn right after the beach road you pass the back of Kata Beach Resort and get to The Boathouse which also sits on the beach and is one of Phuket's older hotels and has a very well respected restaurant too. Tropical Garden Resort and Serene Resort nearby too. The south end of Kata is a surf zone - there are regular surf contests here in the low season and you find the very popular Ska Bar right at the end of the beach. After The Boathouse head another 100m and the road carries on straight and over a hill to Kata Noi Beach, or you can turn sharp left up a steep hill heading towards the Viewpoint and then on to Naiharn Beach and Phromthep Cape. At the corner is the Orchidacea resort and the Andaman Cannacia which is a few minutes hike up that steep road.
Recommended Kata Beach HotelsSawasdee Village
Sawasdee Village Resort and Spa (you gotta have the "and Spa" these days) has been in Phuket for a long time, opened in 1991 - a little oasis with gardens and water features, a very good spa (so I am told) and a definite olde Thai style feeling.
• Sawasdee Village - Review on Jamie's Phuket
• Sawasdee Village - Check Rates and Availability @ Agoda.com
• Sawasdee Village - Over 1200 Reviews @ Agoda.com
Avista is quite new - opened end of 2009, on the hill overlooking the sea at the north end of Kata beach. A modern hotel with all the mod cons, and gets a lot of very good reviews. Close to the beach and and Kata Center.
• Avista Resort - Review on Jamie's Phuket
• Avista Resort - Check Rates and Availability @ Agoda.com
• Avista Resort - Over 1,000 Reviews @ Agoda.com
CC's Hideaway Hotel
CC's Hideaway (previously CC Blooms) is a different kind of place to stay - up in the hills, great view but not at all by the beach, it used to be promoted as gay-friendly (something to do with Bette Midler) but I think the new owners have dropped that tag. I've been up several times to pick up diving customers, looks like a nice little hideaway to me!
• CC's Hideaway - Review on Jamie's Phuket
• CC's Hideaway - Check Rates and Availability @ Agoda.com
• CC's Hideaway - 90+ Reviews @ Agoda.com
Mom Tri's Villa Royale
Certainly one of the best hotels in Phuket, almost always gets rave reviews. Villa Royale actually overlooks Kata Noi beach and would be about a 15 minute walk to the busier area at the south end of Kata beach. It's built in old Thai style, individual villas on the hillside, and a top restaurant too.
• Mom Tri's Villa Royale - Review on Jamie's Phuket
• Mom Tri's Villa Royale - Check Rates and Availability @ Agoda.com
• Mom Tri's Villa Royale - 200+ Reviews @ Agoda.com
Kata Palm Resort
Kata Palm resort I'd say is more of a family oriented hotel, big pool and kids pools, lots of rooms, a few minutes walk to the beach and close to lots of restaurants at the south end of Kata Beach.
• Kata Palm Resort - Review on Jamie's Phuket
• Kata Palm Resort - Check Rates and Availability @ Agoda.com
• Kata Palm Resort - Over 900 Reviews @ Agoda.com
More Kata Beach Hotel Suggestions
• Ibis Kata Resort review on Jamie's Phuket
• Katathani Resort review on Jamie's Phuket
• Kata Beach Resort Info & Booking at Agoda.com
• Aspasia Hotel Info & Booking at Agoda.com
• Metadee Resort Info & Booking at Agoda.com
• Book Kata Beach Hotels @ Agoda.com
Kata Beach Hotels | Jamie's Phuket Blog
Phuket Hotel Search - Find Your Hotel
Got a Question? See You on the Phuket Blog Facebook Page!