Patong Beach Hotels
• Full List of Patong Beach Hotels @ Agoda.com
Jamie's Phuket is a doorway into the other Phuket, so until now Patong Beach has not had much of a mention. Any other beach area is quieter and more relaxing. I work at Karon Beach which has plenty of hotels and restaurants too but is much less developed than Patong and the beach is much nicer. But Patong does have certain advantages in terms of availability of shopping, dining and hotel choices. I already have a page on Jamie's Phuket with recommended hotels, but it's getting a bit big and I figured it was time to split the hotel recommendations into different beaches - starting with Patong beach hotels.
Recommended Patong Beach HotelsAmari Coral Beach Resort
The Amari has been around for a long time, great location right at the south end of Patong away from the crowds, very nice place to relax but you can walk to the middle of Patong in 10 minutes.
• Amari Coral Beach Resort - Review on Jamie's Phuket
• Amari Coral Beach Resort - Check Rates and Availability @ Agoda.com
• Amari Coral Beach Resort - Over 500 Reviews @ Agoda.com
La Flora Resort
La Flora is quite a new hotel, opened in 2008 and it's right in the middle of Patong, right on the beach (which not many hotels in Patong can claim). The best rooms have a "right by the sea" view! And you're close to everything.
• La Flora - Review on Jamie's Phuket
• La Flora - Rates and Availability @ Agoda.com
• La Flora - Over 600 Reviews @ Agoda.com
Yorkshire Hotel and Spa
The Yorkshire - used to be called the Yorkshire Inn, now Hotel (and Spa, you gotta have the "and Spa"!) I know the place well, used to work on the same street, small, friendly, very central for nightlife, shopping, restaurants and so on. And a good price too!
• Yorkshire Hotel - Review on Jamie's Phuket
• Yorkshire Hotel - Check Rates and Availability @ Agoda.com
• Yorkshire Hotel - Over 1,000 Reviews @ Agoda.com
Merlin Beach Resort
Merlin Beach Resort is not actually in Patong. You have to drive a couple of miles, past the Amari, over a headland and you find the Merlin, on its own beach away from the crowds, nice but you can't walk into Patong (well you can, but easier to take a taxi and the taxi drivers know that...).
• Merlin Beach Resort - Review on Jamie's Phuket
• Merlin Beach Resort - Check Rates and Availability @ Agoda.com
• Merlin Beach Resort - Over 250 Reviews @ Agoda.com
The Burasari is just south of the busy center of Patong, close to the Holiday Inn. A couple of minutes walk to the beach, Burasari has regular rooms and an amazing collection of "Mood Suites" such as Smooth Whisky, Tropical Dream and Blue Breeze. Very popular!
• Burasari Resort - Review on Jamie's Phuket
• Burasari Resort - Check Rates and Availability @ Agoda.com
• Burasari Resort - Over 2,000 Reviews @ Agoda.com
More Patong Beach Hotels
I have featured a few others on this site, don't want to overload one page! Patong is what it is... has a lot going for it, but if you want peace and quiet you should look at any other beach in Phuket! Here's some more recommended Patong beach hotels and links for where to book them or get more information:
• Baan Yin Dee review on Jamie's Phuket
• Graceland Resort review on Jamie's Phuket
• Aspery Resort review on Jamie's Phuket
• Tri Trang Beach Resort review on Jamie's Phuket
• All Patong Beach Hotels @ Agoda.com
Patong Beach Hotels | Jamie's Phuket Blog