Jamie's Phuket Blog

Please Support Jamie's Phuket - Help the Phuket Blog!

This is the first and original Phuket Blog - the first posts on this blog were way back in April 2006 and I started the Phuket Weather blog shortly after. Jamie's Phuket Blog started as a means of showing "my" Phuket. As a family we tend to not do the touristy things.. yeh sometimes, but more often we prefer quieter places. I figure there are people looking for another side to Phuket, away from the main beaches, away from the tailors, tuk tuks, fast food and fast women. I still try to focus on the other Phuket, although for sure there is some crossover, but posts such as Exploring Koh Yao Noi Island and many blog posts about the Phuket vegetarian festival show that Phuket has way more to offer than the obvious attractions. It is my intention to keep the blog focused on the Phuket that exists off the beaten track, although it has been pointed out to me that a few posts on nightlife, ladyboys and bars might be welcome at some point!

Now and then, especially the last couple of years I get a bit stuck on what to write. I'm normally working (managing Sunrise Divers) 6 days per week, so blogging time is at a premium, and time to explore also limited. Nevertheless, I have been encouraged over the years by increasing numbers of visitors to the blog, lots of social media interacton and plenty of messages and people saying hello at the dive shop or in random places around the Phuket area to say thanks for the information.

This little post is to ask your help. Please spread the word. If you like this blog, please do tell others, please do add a link to my blog from your own blog or website, please do Tweet or share this blog on social media or maybe you can stretch to a small donation ... Here's a bunch of ways to help:

1. Link to the Phuket Blog. Please do add a link to Jamie's Phuket or add this blog to your "Blogroll". The blog url is https://www.jamiesphuketblog.com. If you have a "Blogger" blog, it's easy to add a link. Maybe you know some html and can do it yourself easily, or if not, just follow the instructions on this Help page / Dummies guide. For Wordpress, all the information on linking is here. Please link!

2. Please Donate If you really like this blog, found the information useful, discovered something in Phuket that you otherwise would not have known about... please do Click here to Donate a little something via Kofi to help the blog grow. Just a few dollars, a couple of Euro... Pretty please with sugar on top? Hey, if enough people do that, maybe this can be a full time blog with much more information!

Make a Donation - Feed A Blogger!

3. Faceb00k - page was online for years, but I took it off. I don't use Facebo0k now.

4. Twitter - OK, well Twitter is something that some people just don't "get", but I use Twitter a lot. I follow some bloggers and newsy people who post interesting things about Thailand. I Tweet most days, maybe adding some links to the blogs, posting photos, maybe commenting on the weather or posting news from Phuket related websites. More than 6,400 people are following my tweets already. So if you are a Tweeter or a Twit, please do follow me here: Jamie on Twitter.

5. Help to improve the blog! As I said, sometimes I feel a bit stuck.. what to blog next? I always intend to try some new restaurants - I think tips on eating out are important, but if there is something you'd like to see on this blog, please do contact via email jjjjmonk@yahoo.co.uk.

6. Keep reading! There is normally something new here every now and then. Wish it was more often, but... time is limited. Please do bookmark this blog and come back.

7. If you are reading this blog and you work for Lonely Planet or Rough Guides or the BBC or Nat Geo or the Travel Channel or if your name is Paul Theroux or Michael Palin or Romesh Ranganathan and you're considering a Thailand trip... do get in touch!

8. GO TO PHUKET!!






You have been reading : Please Support Jamie's Phuket - Help the Phuket Blog!

Looking For More? Search Jamie's Phuket Blog ...


Find Your Phuket Hotel ...