Please Support Jamie's Phuket - Help the Phuket Blog!
The first posts on this blog were back in 2006, and it's also 6 years that I've been doing the Phuket Weather blog. The "Jamie's Phuket" blog started as a means of showing "my" Phuket. As a family we tend to not do the "touristy" things.. yeh sometimes, but more often we prefer quieter places. I figure there are people looking for another side to Phuket, away from the main beaches, away from the tailors, tuk tuks, fast food and fast women. There's plenty of information online and in guidebooks about all the normal things to do in Phuket. I still try to focus on the other Phuket, although for sure there is some crossover, but posts such as kayaking in the mangroves and the Kathu village festival show that Phuket has way more to offer than the obvious attractions. It is my intention to keep the blog focused on the Phuket that exists off the beaten track, although it has been pointed out to me that a few posts on nightlife, ladyboys and bars might be welcome at some point!
Now and then, I get a bit stuck on what to write. I'm normally working 6 days per week, so blogging time is at a premium, and time to explore even more so. Nevertheless, I have been encouraged over the years by increasing numbers of visitors to the blog, a growing Facebook page and plenty of comments on the blog and emails to say thanks for the information. Keep them coming!
This little post is to ask your help. Please spread the word. If you like this blog, please do tell others, please do add a link to my blog from your own blog or website, please do Tweet or share this blog on Facebook.... Here's a bunch of ways to help:
1. Link to the Blog!. Please do add a link to Jamie's Phuket or add this blog to your "Blogroll". The blog url is http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com, or you can use http://www.jamiesphuket.com. If you have a "Blogger" blog, it's easy to add a link. Maybe you know some html and can do it yourself easily, or if not, just follow the instructions on the Help page, or this useful Dummies guide. For Wordpress, all the information on linking is here. Please link!
2. Bookmarks! On every blog post you'll see some links to social bookmarking sites including Twitter and Facebook. or please do Stumble or Digg this blog! If you have signed up for social sites you can click these links to share that page with other users or bookmark it yourself for future reference. Tweeting is apparently quite trendy these days!
3. Facebook - if you are on Facebook, please do join the Jamie's Phuket Page - there are over 20,000 members already, there's an active wall - please do ask questions! You can also post your Phuket photos if you want. See you there! If you are not on Facebook, join! It's harmless!
4. Donate! If you really like this blog, found the information useful, discovered something in Phuket that you otherwise would not have known about... please do Click here to Donate a little something via PayPal to help the blog grow. Just a few dollars, a couple of Euro... Pretty please with sugar on top? Hey, if enough people do that, maybe this can be a full time blog with much more information!
• Make a Donation - Feed A Blogger!
5. Twitter - OK, well Twitter is something that some people just don't "get". Not sure if I do either, but personally I follow some bloggers and newsy people who post interesting things about Thailand. I tweet most days, maybe adding some links to the blogs, maybe commenting on the weather if I have not already updated the weather blog. More than 1800 people are following my tweets already. So if you are a Twit, please do follow me here: Jamie on Twitter.
6. Help to improve the blog! As I said, sometimes I feel a bit stuck.. what to blog next? I do intend to try some new restaurants in the next few months, I think tips on eating out are important, but if there is something you'd like to see on this blog, please add a comment below, or on the Facebook group.
7. Keep reading! There is normally something new here every 5 - 7 days. Wish it was more often, but... time is limited. Please do bookmark this blog and come back! Use the social bookmark tools below to help.
8. If you are reading this blog and you work for Lonely Planet or Rough Guides or the BBC or Nat Geo or the Travel Channel or if your name is Paul Theroux or if you are Michael Palin and you're considering a Thailand trip... do get in touch!
9. COME TO PHUKET! See you here!