World Nomads Travel Insurance
Travel insurance: simple & flexible
Recommended by Lonely Planet, World Nomads travel insurance is available to people from over 150 countries and is designed for adventurous travelers with cover for overseas medical, evacuation, baggage and activities such as skiing and snowboarding. You can even buy, extend and claim online even after you've left home!
Travel Tips from World NomadsHere are a few things to consider when choosing your insurance to make sure that you will be covered on your adventure:
- Cancellation: It's no fun if you fall ill before you leave and can not go on your trip. To claim though, you have to buy your insurance policy when you buy your trip. Not all insurance policies cover cancellation, so please read the policy wording relevant to you carefully
- Lost or Stolen Gear: most travel insurance policies have a per-item value limit – make sure its high enough to cover your gear or choose a policy that allows you to increase the limit.
- Medical expenses over and above evacuation: check that your cover includes emergency treatment while away and transport to bring you home – remembering that insurance providers will usually insist on getting you home as soon as you are fit enough to travel.
- Adventurous Activities: look carefully at what your policy covers - you may find that you are not covered to do all of the adventurous activities that you are planning while you're away.
- Personal Liability: Accidents happen. If it's found to be your fault and someone decides to sue you, you want to be covered.
If you think you are too small to make a difference...
you haven't been in bed with a mosquito
In 2007, WorldNomads.com and our customers funded 300 sight-saving surgeries, built a primary school and repaired another, trained over 200 teachers and helped 40 kids get through school, gave a whole village solar-lighting, installed water and sanitation facilities in 3 schools and 2 villages, provided educational supplies in 4 schools and medicines to 3 communities and 4 orphanages, helped create two kitchen gardens and buy 300 egg-laying chickens, built capture fog-nets for fresh drinking water and provided a safe-home for girls of sex workers.
World Nomads Insurance - Essential Links• Prices & benefits
• Get a quote
• True claims stories
• Government Travel Warnings
• Travel Journals
Back to normal Phuket blogging soon!
World Nomads Travel Insurance | Jamie's Phuket Blog