More Phuket Bloggers
Although Jamie's Phuket (that's this blog) is my main blog, I keep several others which are updated with varying degrees of diligence. The Phuket Weather Blog is kept updated at least weekly, reporting on weather and local news, normally with photos that show the weather. There are lots of links to other useful weather sites too. It actually gets more visitors than Jamie's Phuket! A lot of people search for weather information and the Phuket weather blog always sits in the top 5 for a Google "Phuket Weather" search.
I have a couple of others - We Love Phuket has a fair amount of information on things like cheap places to stay in Phuket and how to get to Phuket, and some Phuket related videos. Another blog is Monk in Thailand, which mentions such diverse subjects as Thailand's Got Talent, Ladyboys or how to pronounce Phuket. The Phuket Photos Blog is updated fairly often - I try to add some favourite photos now and then. Just photos, without too many words to get in the way. The Phuket hotels blog is all about hotels and where to book them online.
So, what about other people? These are some blogs I can recommend for Phuket information - and this is "blog" information rather than tour guide information (you know, always sunny, everyone smiles, Phuket is the pearl of Thailand yada yada). Blogs are becoming quite important to travel - you can get a locals point of view and check out other travelers reports too. Here are some recommended blogs. Some are updated more often than others.
• Tim in Phuket - Tim is a hotel manager and (like me) enjoys the local side of Phuket life.
• Cathy and Gary - They don't live here, but often visit Phuket. Their site has loads and loads of information.
• Dawn in Phuket - Dawn has lived here many years and also prefers the local side of life.
• Phuketastic - German language blog by Sebastian
• Paddling in Phuket - Oyvinds blog I just found recently, he kayaks around Phuket, mostly in less-explored areas. I like!
• Pekka in Phuket - (added August 2013) - And great to have a new point of view and some nice photos too!
• Alasdairs Blog - Al is an old Phuket hand, lots of stories to tell... but not updated since March 2011
• Matt's Phuket - Not updated for over a year, but Matt likes to explore the back roads.
• Jim in Phuket - Almost my mirror image - married, 2 kids, living in Phuket, guess we'll meet for a beer one day! (not updated since 2009)
• Lana in Phuket - Lana is also married with 2 kids, like me ... but she's a mum.
• Glenn in Phuket - Glenn hikes, plays guitar and sells thermal clothing online! I did a (hard) hike with him in 2009.
If you have a blog about Phuket or know a good one, please let me know!
More Phuket Bloggers | Jamie's Phuket Blog
Looking for a Hotel in Phuket? Search Here ►►
Book Phuket Hotels Online Here ►►
Got a Question or Comment? Visit my Phuket Blog Facebook Page!