Things to Do in Phuket
If you want to book a tour, hire a boat, play golf, go fishing, snorkeling, book airport transfers, visit Phi Phi or Phang Nga Bay or pretty much anything... some friends of mine have opened a company called Easy Day Thailand who can help you. The emphasis is on personal service - you can contact them here:
• Easy Day Thailand - More Information
• Contact Easy Day Thailand (tell them Jamie sent you!)
Things to do in Phuket - Places to visit - Touristy and Not So Touristy Stuff
There are many more so called attractions than can be mentioned here. I prefer the natural beauty of Phuket - small beaches, views, quiet back streets, laid back seafood restaurants and so on rather than organised tourist fun, but the more I think about it, the more I realise how much Phuket has to offer... After many years here, we're still doing new things! There's a lot of stuff to do in and around Phuket!
• Racha Yai (Raya) Island Tour
• Phang Nga Bay (Doing it Our Way!)
• Khao Sok National Park
• Siam Niramit Show
• Phuket Fantasea Show
• Koh Tachai Island
• Things to do with Kids in Phuket
• Things to do on a Wet Day
• Phuket Museums - Introduction
• Phuket Waterfalls - Introduction
• Phuket Bird Park
• Phuket Botanic Garden
• Speedboat charter / island hopping
• Splash Jungle Water Park
• Koh Panyee (in Phang Nga Bay)
• James Bond Island
• Mini Golf at Bang Tao Beach
• Yoga Classes in Phuket
• Where to see monkeys in Phuket
• Phuket Aquarium
• Day Trip to Koh Yao Noi with Mopeds
• Gibbon Rehabilitation Project
• Kayaking in the Mangroves
• Explore Phang Nga Province
• Elephant Trekking
• Phang Nga Bay Boat Trip (2007)
• Thalang National Museum
• Phuket Thai Hua Museum
• Phuket Seashell Museum
• Phuket Tin Mining Museum
• Phuket Philatelic Museum
• Phuket Zoo?
• Dino Park Mini Golf
• Phuket Weekend Market
• Phuket Indy Market
• Karon Temple Market
• Phuket Wake Park
• Explore Old Phuket Town
• Day Trip to Phi Phi
Phuket Hotels - Where to Book?
Before planning what to do in Phuket, you'll surely need a place to stay. There is some hotel information on this blog, including many hotel suggestions - see Recommended Phuket Hotels. There's also a Top 10 Phuket Hotels list (updated in 2014) based on web reviews. For hotel booking or just to check rates, reviews and availability, check Agoda.com for the best rates and easy to use online booking.
Scuba Diving in Phuket
Well, diving is why I came here in 1999, and I am manager of a dive shop called Sunrise Divers, we're based in Karon Beach. There are a few diving related posts on this blog about the dive sites and diving options available. If you want to learn how to dive, take a liveaboard dive trip, a day trip or anything diving related, you can contact me at Sunrise Divers.
• Sunrise Divers - see you there!
• Liveaboard Diving in Phuket
• The Similan Islands
Waterfalls in Phuket
Don't be expecting too much from the waterfalls in Phuket. I've read some guide books and online guides suggesting fantastic jungle cascades.. well, not as such. Nevertheless, there are several small waterfalls and they do serve to get you some fresh air, a bit of jungle time and some exercise.
• Bang Pae Waterfall
• Tonsai Waterfall
• Kathu Waterfall
• Ton Prai Waterfall
• Lampi Waterfall
• Sri Phang Nga National Park
Go to watch the Football!
Phuket FC got promoted last season to Division 1 of the Thai national league, home games are normally on the weekend during the season, great fun if you are a football fan, better than watching the boring English Premier League on TV! More information :
• Watching Phuket FC (2012)
• Watching the Footie - Phuket FC (2010)
There is so much to see and do in Phuket. It's not just beaches and organised tours. This is a big island. Get out and explore! I suggest at least one of the following:
• Get up some Hills and Viewpoints such as:
• The Many Big Buddhas of Phuket
• THE Big Buddha
• Kata / Karon Viewpoint
• Rang Hill
• Cape Phromthep
• Visit one of the many Temples in Phuket - among the most popular are:
• Chalong Temple
• Wat Phra Tong
• Karon Temple
• Get a boat trip to a nearby Island - try these:
• Koh Kaew Yai
• Koh Yao Noi
• Koh Rang Yai
• Go and Explore Phuket Town - I always find something of interest there...
• Phuket Heritage Trails - Phuket Town tours.
• Walking in Old Town (2011)
• Phuket Photo Walk 2010
• Phuket Town Photo Walk 2009
Take a hike ...
Phuket is not a hikers paradise. There's very little in the way of trails. I have done a couple of longer hikes recently using back roads and rubber plantation trails. You can also hike at the waterfalls a bit, or you can go to several places where many locals gather to exercise in the late afternoon. Or a nice walk in old Phuket Town - see links above.
• Hike up to the Big Buddha
• Hiking to the highest point in Phuket
• Walk at Promthep Cape
• Bang Wad Reservoir
Some easier places to stretch your legs...
• Chalong Jetty
• Suan Luang Park in Phuket Town
• Sapan Hin Park in Phuket Town
Festivals in Phuket
If you happen to be here at the right time of year... Songkran is April 13th, Loy Kratong sometime in November (it's a lunar festival, so dates change), and the amazing Phuket vegetarian festival is sometime around early October. Unmissable.
• Phuket Festivals - Introduction
• Phuket Vegetarian Festival Information
• Songkran - Photos in Patong
• Loy Krathong
Much more to come as time goes by... I need way more blogging time! I try to add to this blog at least a few times per month. Bookmark Jamie's Phuket now if you're planning a trip to Phuket sometime in the future!
A few more things.... Here's a few weblinks to attractions that are not on the Phuket blog. Some are rather touristy and I am not sure if I will ever visit, some I just have not got round to yet, some will certainly be blogged sometime!
Captain Mark's Phuket Sail Tours
Simon Cabaret Show
Phuket Bungy Jump - used to live near here and we know the owners well. I am too scared to jump!
John Gray Sea Canoe - look out, I plan to go on one of these trips sometime!
Oh, and there's more opening all the time, I have not been to the upside down house or the 3D art gallery or ....
Ask Easy Day Thailand about booking any of the above or other trips (say Jamie sent you!)